photos by Prum Bandiddh
Aura Contemporary Art Foundation sponsored Art Law webinars. We held a webinar with Mr. Kodai Kimura, a lawyer who is active in art magazine "Bijutsu Techo", etc., and Mr. Shii of Startbahn Inc., who is an entrepreneur steadily making progress in building and exporting art infrastructure.
<First Art Law Seminars: Rights of Artists You Want to Know and Basic Knowledge of Contracts Law>
Do artists have the right to be involved in museum exhibitions? The main right that artists have is the copyright of their work, but few artists may be able to speak confidently about the content of their copyrights. That's no wonder, the copyright is a fairly complex area, and even experts often disagree on the subject. What are some of the things that an artist should be aware of when signing a contract with a gallery or licensing an artwork?
This webinar, co-hosted by Mr. Kodai Kimura, a lawyer in charge of the series "Art Law" on the web edition of "Bijutsu Techo” (one of the most popular art magazine in Japan), One Asia Lawyers Art Law Practice Team and Startbahn Inc., will cover the basics of artists' rights and contracts that you should know about.
About the Seminar:
- Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 18:00-20:00 (Japan time)
- Speakers: Kodai Kimura, Taihei Shii, Yuto Yabumoto (Moderator)
- Target Audience: Artists, curators, art students and others in the art field
- Method: Webinars with Zoom (live streaming), Admission is free, No limited capacity
- Sponsorship: Kobayashi & Yugeda Law Office, Startbarn, Inc., One Asia Lawyers Asian Art & Legal Practice Team
- Supported by Eastern Culture Support Foundation, AURA Contemporary Art Foundation
- Contact: Tsukasa Ariizumi, One Asia Lawyers Group email@example.com